Our 5 Top Wedding Planning Tips
Posted on February 10 2023,
Over the last 10 years we really feel like we have done enough weddings to be able to dish out helpful advice. We've done weddings of all shapes and sizes, and honestly, there is nothing the same about many of them. Colours might be the same, but the flowers change; venues might be the same, but the style changes; dates might be the same, but the themes are different. There are no two weddings the same.
So we have thought about our top 5 tips for when you're planning your wedding that will help the process be smoother, and stress free!
- Start planning early. It’s never too early to start planning your wedding. The earlier you begin, the more time you’ll have to make sure you get everything done on time. Don't leave things too late, because you run the risk of missing out on things, or rushing which can lead to mistakes.
- Set a budget. Before you get into the details of wedding planning, it’s important to set a realistic budget. This will help you make decisions and prioritize aspects of your wedding day. If you're unsure, ask vendors for quotes so you can allocate your budget accordingly ... no point setting a budget of $30K then finding out your venue is $29K (example only).
- Trust the experts. We understand that you've not done this before, or perhaps you have, but you need to understand that your vendors have done weddings before, probably many times! So TRUST THEM! You don't need to micro-manage every vendor down to what time they will be arriving at a venue to set up your ceremony. Things change and the more you trust your vendors, the more stress free your day will be.
- Have a backup plan. Weather, venue availability, and other unexpected circumstances can occur. Make sure you have a backup plan in case anything goes wrong on your wedding day... you don't want to be racing around 1 hour before your ceremony trying to source umbrellas or other items for shelter. As doomy as it might sound, prepare for the worst, because it's better to be over prepared than under!
- Get organized. Create a timeline and to-do list to help you stay organized. This will help you stay on top of all the details and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.... have a strict RSVP and follow up on stragglers; pay by due dates; send the forms back on time. Understand that during peak season, your vendors are generally busy, but they will get back to you ...
These are our tips and hopefully they can help you planning your special day!
Amy + Sara x